Hathaway burials at the Presbyterian Church in Morristown, New Jersey
The following information is from the alphabetical index of burials on the website of the Presbyterian Church in Morristown, New Jersey:
- Hathaway (Infant #1)-V-Son of Phillip & Caturah Hathaway, buried beside Shadrach Hathaway 14 Sep 1757. [Ed. Note: See Hathaway, Shadrach].
- Hathaway (Infant #2)-V-Son of Phillip & Caturah Hathaway, buried beside Shadrach Hathaway 14 Sep 1757. [Ed. Note: See Hathaway, Shadrach].
- Hathaway, Benjamin-25/23-d. 21 Apr 1762, age 63. [Ed. Note: CR52 & 101 show Captain Benjamin Hathaway m. Elizabeth Crossman, a Widow, 14 Mar 1744. Elizabeth & her 1st Husband were parents of three i.e., Theophilus, Betty, and Joshua. CR101 show Captain Benjamin Hathaway & Elizabeth, who is believed to have been his 2nd Wife, were parents of a Daughter Abigail, Baptized 6 Oct 1746. Benjamin d. 21 Apr 1762, age 63, and Elizabeth d. 16 Dec 1776, age 67. His Will dated 12 Feb 1762 names 13 children i.e., Rebecca, Thankful, Abigail, Kezia, John, Benoni, Joseph, Eleazer, Gershom, Benjamin, Jonathan, Clemens, and Job. Based on other entries at CR101-104 Thankful, Benoni, Joseph, Eleazer, Gershom, Benjamin, and Jonathan would have been children of Captain Benjamin Hathaway & his 1st Wife, whose name was not recorded. Baptismal Records quoted at CR101 &102 show the following children as being those of Benjamin Hathaway & his Wife i.e., Zephaniah Baptized 22 Nov 1747, Job Baptized 27 Nov 1748, Kezia Baptized 16 Dec 1750, Hannah Baptized 7 Oct 1759, Abigail Baptized 1 Nov 1761, Mabel Baptized 18 Mar 1764, and Mary & Sarah both Baptized 9 Sep 1764. Given that the only means of identification is the dates of Baptism, it is unclear whether the Benjamin Hathaway referred to as the Father is Captain Benjamin Hathaway or his Son Lieutenant Benjamin Hathaway. Captain Benjamin Hathaway is said to have been one of the donors of the land on which the original Church was built].
- Hathaway, Elizabeth-14/45-Daughter of Theophilus & Phebe Hathaway, d. 12 Apr 1792, age 9. [Ed. Note: CR104 show Daughter of Theophilus & Phebe (Carmichael) Hathaway, b. 24 Mar 1783].
- Hathaway, Jonathan-25/27-d. 26 Aug 1814, age 76.7.7. [Ed. Note: CR103, 126, & 197 show 1st m. Lydia Peck. Jonathan & Lydia were parents of eight i.e., Nathaniel, Sarah, Timothy, Thankful, Phebe, Abigail, Jonathan, and Lydia. He 2nd m. 26 Mar 1803 to Sarah Keen, Daughter of Captain James Keen and his Wife Elizabeth, and Widow of Isaac Prudden. No children found in The Combined Registers for this marriage].
- Hathaway, Lydia Peck-25/26-Wife of Jonathan Hathaway, d. 10 Sep 1802, age 66 years 22 days. [Ed. Note: See Hathaway, Jonathan].
- Hathaway, Mary-25/11-Wife of Benjamin Hathaway, d. 18 Mar 1751, age 24.7.8. [Ed. Note: CR101 & 102 show Mary Fairchild m. 12 Nov 1746 to Lieutenant Benjamin Hathaway, Son of Captain Benjamin & Elizabeth (Crossman) Hathaway. Mary d. 1751, age 25. CR102 show Lieutenant Hathaway was the Father of four i.e., Benjamin, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph. Based on dates of Baptism i.e., Benjamin 10 Aug 1766 and Isaac 15 May 1768, and dates of birth Jacob 28 Mar 1772 and Joseph 20 Jul 1775, all would appear to be children of his 2nd Wife, Hannah Hopkins, whom he married 2 Oct 1752. See Hathaway, Benjamin].
- Hathaway, Phebe-14/38-Wife of Theophilus, d. 1 Nov 1796. [Ed. Note: CR33 & 104 show Phebe Carmichael, Daughter of Daniel & Bathsheba (Clark) Cermicael, b. 3 Sep 1763, m. 3 Jun 1782 to Theophilus Hathaway. Phebe & Theophilus were parents of three i.e., Elizabeth, Benoni, and Samuel].
- Hathaway, Phillip-20/15-Son of Phillip & Ketura Hathaway, d. 11 Oct 1775, age 2.2.8. [Ed. Note: CR103 show Son of Phillip & Catura, b. 2 Aug 1773].
- Hathaway, Shadrach-V-Son of Phillip & Caturah Hathaway, d. 14 Sep 1757, in 2nd year. [Ed. Note: CR103 show Son of Phillip & Catura, Baptized 16 May 1756].