Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Author: "More With Less" Cookbook by Doris Janzen Longacre; recipe of Elsie Epp of Marion, South Dakota and Miriam LeFever of East St. Petersburg, Pennsylvania
Serves: 6-8 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter or other shortening
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar, ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream together: butter or other shortening, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla
- Add: flour, baking soda, salt, rolled oats, chocolate chips, chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for about 10-20 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies and the degree of crispiness desired.