- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup pitted dates (chopped)
- ¾ cup water
- ⅜ t. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ cups quick oats
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- Prepare filling beforehand. Cook sugar and dates together with ¾ cup water until soft and thick. Add vanilla extract when cool.
- Blend ingredients to make dough.
- Gradually add 4 T water with fork until dough is moist enough to roll.
- Roll to ⅛ inch thickness, cut in rounds, place 1 t. of filling in between rounds.
- Bake at 375 F for about 15 minutes