Grandma’s Baked Beans
Author: Hylbom Family Recipe
- ½ – ¾ lbs. ground beef
- medium onion, chopped
- 56-oz. baked beans (like Bush’s Original)
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- ½ t. dry mustard
- ¾ cup ketchup
- salt and pepper (or Nature’s Seasons)
- Preheat oven to 350° F, unless using Crock Pot.
- In a large pot, brown ground beef and chopped onion, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper or Nature’s Seasons.
- Add baked beans, bacon, brown sugar, molasses, dry mustard, and ketchup. Stir well to combine.
- Place in large casserole dish, covered in foil. Bake 45 minutes. Alternately, prepare in a Crock Pot on low heat for 4 – 6 hours.