Chicken Enchiladas Rojas
Author: Tyler Florence
Serves: makes about 16
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (3-oz.) can whole green chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 (3-oz.) can chipotle chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 t. cumin powder
- 2 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. flour
- 16 (6-in.) corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups canned red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese, jack or cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic until tender. Add corn, chiles, and tomatoes. Stir well. Add chicken, and season with cumin and garlic. Dust with flour to help set.
- Coat the bottom of 2 (9x13-inch) pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce.
- Microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds to soften. Spoon ¼ cup chicken mixture in each tortilla. Fold over filling, place 8 enchiladas in each pan with seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese melts. Garnish with cilantro, scallion, sour cream and chopped tomatoes before serving. Serve with Spanish rice and beans.