Balsamic Pot Roast
Author: Little B Cooks, adapted from Taste of Home
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast, boneless
- garlic salt
- 2 T. olive oil
- medium onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- ⅓ cup good balsamic vinegar
- 15-oz. beef broth
- baby carrots, about a bag
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small pieces
- Sprinkle garlic salt and ground pepper on the roast. Heat olive oil on medium-high in a large skillet. When nice and hot, sear the roast on all sides, a couple of minutes on each side. Remove from pan and place in the slow cooker.
- Top the roast with chopped onions, rosemary, bay leaves, sage, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- After marinating, add the red wine and beef broth. Cover and cook on low in slow cooker for 6 hours. Add the carrots and potatoes. Turn the slow cooker up to high and cook for another 3 – 4 hours.