Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Author: from Seeded At The Table, adapted from Our Best Bites
- 3-oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup green salsa
- 1 T. lime juice
- ½ t. ground cumin
- 1 t. chili powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 T. chopped cilantro
- 2 T. green onions, sliced
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup grated Mexican cheese blend
- 12 small (6-in.) flour tortillas
- fine salt
- Preheat your oven to 425° F. Line a 9x13-in. baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic. Once combined, stir in the cilantro and green onions. Add the chicken and cheese; mix thoroughly.
- Working with a few at a time, heat tortillas in the microwave under a damp paper towel until they are soft enough to roll, about 20 – 30 seconds. Spoon 2 – 3 T. of filling into the lower third of a tortilla. Roll tightly.
- Place rolled tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet, making sure they are not touching. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.