Author: from Food Network Magazine
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breast
- 1 t. oregano
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 poblano chile OR green bellpepper, chopped
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped, mild pickled jalapenos
- ½ cup green olives with pimentos, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Pat the chicken dry and sprinkle with oregano and salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear the chicken until well browned, about 7 minutes each side.
- Once the chicken is browned, add in the poblano pepper, onion, tomato, garlic, jalapenos, and olives. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the meat and vegetables with ½ t. salt. Add in the wine and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with vegetables and Spanish rice.