Honey Glazed Salmon With Browned Butter Lime Sauce
Author: from The Recipe Critic, adapted from Classy Cooking
- 4 (6-oz.) salmon filets
- 8 t. flour, divided
- 9 t. honey, divided
- 1 – 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 T. butter
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- zest of 2 limes
- Place the salmon filets on a cutting board and put 1 t. flour on each of each filet, evenly spreading the flour over the salmon. Then, evenly drizzle 1 t. honey on each side of each filet.
- Heat 1 T. olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place the salmon in the pan and cook for 3 – 5 minutes each side, until browned. (Do not overcrowd the pan, do two batches if necessary.)
- While salmon is cooking, make the sauce by heating the butter in a small saucepan. Swirl the butter occasionally until it is light brown and fragrant. Remove from heat and whisk in the lime juice, garlic, remaining 1 t. honey, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the filets and garnish with the lime zest.