Author: Culinography, adapted from Paula Deen
Serves: makes 8 - 10
- 1 cup self-rising flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ T. sugar
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and cream until the dough forms a ball. Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with additional flour.
- Fold the dough in ½ and knead 5 – 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands.
- Gently roll out dough to ½-in. thickness. Using a 3-in. biscuit cutter coated with flour, cut dough into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit. Bake for 7 – 10 minutes, or until golden brown.