Hershey’s Best Brownies
Author: Hershey’s Classic Recipes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3 T. butter, softened
- 3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 T. light corn syrup or honey
- ½ t. vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 – 2 T. milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x9-in. baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add eggs; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool fully before frosting and cutting into squares.
- For Frosting: Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup or honey, and vanilla. Add powdered sugar and milk. Beat to spreading consistency.