Black Bean Soup (Panera Bread copycat recipe)
Author: from food.com
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- ¼ large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 small chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 -1½ cup boiling chicken broth (or water)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- In a pot, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add half a can of beans, salt and cumin; cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup (I use an immersion blender which makes it easy to do it right in the pot).
- Add the rest of the beans to the soup.
- Combine the cornstarch with 1½ tablespoons of water.
- Add the lemon and the cornstarch to the soup; cook until thickened.