Author: Recipe Created by Liz Weiss, MS, RD, Meal Makeover Moms (AccentHealth)
- 1 cup sliced or slivered unsalted toasted almonds, finely chopped (pulse about 20 seconds in a food processor, or chop by hand)
- ¼ cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ pounds tilapia fillets (3 to 6 fillets), each sliced down the center, lengthwise, to create 2 smaller fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly oil or coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the almonds, bread crumbs, brown sugar, Old Bay Seasoning, and salt in a shallow bowl. Place the beaten egg and water in another bowl. Place the flour on a plate. Season the fish with additional salt and pepper.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Coat both sides with flour and shake off excess. Dip in the egg and then coat evenly with the nut mixture. Place each fillet on the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition: 280 calories, 12g fat (1.5g saturated, 0.2g omega-3), 260mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 29g protein